Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NOW it's a party!

I've finally managed to cross something off the looming Wedding To-Do list: Establish the bridal party.

I would never have guessed what a challenging step this is. Nate and I are lucky enough to have many wonderful, close friends and huge, loving families. Choosing just a few people to stand up with us was a bit like picking only one flavor of cake. (Oh, wait, I have to do that too.)

But, without further ado, I am thrilled to announce the attendants.

Ike - "Man" of Honor
Ike has been my best friend since our freshman year of college. When we graduated, he moved to Chicago (there we are at Navy Pier) and I to Savannah. He has been by my side through so many ups and downs in life — I can't wait to have him literally at my side for this!

Connie - Matron of Honor
This is my aunt Connie and (baby) me. She isn't actually my aunt, but she was my mother's best friend from the time they were my age. I'm so thrilled that she'll be a part of the ceremony and help me honor my mother's memory on a day I'll be missing her badly.

Robin - Bridesmaid
Robin is my sister-in-law; here she is with my brother Shawn. She also happens to be one of my favorite people ever! Also super exciting is that their beautiful daughter, my niece, Ashlee Dale will be our flower girl.

Megan - Bridesmaid
I've known Megan since high school, when we attempted breaking the Guinness World Record for longest gum wrapper chain. Though we didn't succeed, the attempt was admirable. She also happens to be an amazing photographer, and I hope will be honoring us with her crazy skills at the wedding, too!

Nate's groomsmen will include his two wonderful brothers and two of his oldest friends. They don't know yet that I'll be putting them in pink ties. Shh!

The only problem is that, of all these precious people, only one of them (Nate's brother Eric) is in Savannah! I hope we can talk our other dear friends into some late nights of invitation assembly and wedding prep.

1 comment:

  1. Charlotte, I saw this on facebook and was really excited to discover that you're blogging. I miss getting to read your work on a regular basis. My husband and I were married on June 19th, and (as someone who was just there) I'm really looking forward to the chronicle of you and your betrothed's journey into marriage. SO happy for you.
    best,
    Stephanie Rizzo

    ReplyDelete